TERMS & CONDITIONS
Events at MPI-CBG
Please carefully read these terms and conditions, as well as the individual event details. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not proceed with registration and/or payment. By registering and participating in MPI-CBG events (courses, conferences, workshops, and the like, hereafter “events”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In case of revisions, your ongoing consent will be deemed accepted.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between MPI-CBG and you as participant, whether as an individual or corporate entity. If any provision(s) of these terms and conditions should be found illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained in these terms and conditions shall not be affected and the parties shall make efforts in good faith to replace any invalid or unenforceable provision with a valid and enforceable one so that the objectives of the terms and conditions may be maintained.
- All registration data submitted to MPI-CBG will be treated confidentially.
Registration & Payment
- The specific registration conditions applicable to each event are listed on the event website.
- Upon completion of registration, a confirmation email will be sent automatically to the registrant.
- For events with registration on a first-come, first-served basis, this confirmation email serves as proof of registration and specifies all relevant event details. If there is a registration fee, MPI-CBG must receive payment (as detailed on the event webpage) before registration can be confirmed. Participation requires valid proof of payment.
- For events with an application process, the confirmation email serves as proof of pre-registration. Final selection results will be communicated via email within the published deadlines. Payment of the registration fee is required only after notification of acceptance. The selection process usually takes 3-4 weeks after the registration deadline.
- MPI-CBG currently only accepts payments made by bank transfer. All bank transfer fees
- must be covered by the participant. The participant must remit sufficient funds to cover the registration fee plus any bank transfer fees, such that MPI-CPG receives payment of the registration fee in full.
- Participants are advised to have a copy of their registration confirmation and payment slip when arriving at the event in case of questions.
Event Application and Admission Processes
Please note that you should only register/apply for an event if you intend to meaningfully participate.
MPI-CBG and its agents hold sole discretion to evaluate and select event participants. Furthermore, MPI-CBG reserves the right to block registrants who repeatedly register for a course but fail to materially participate or make required payments. If you are accepted as a participant, you are expected to pay immediately to confirm your attendance.
Personal information collected in the application process is used to:
- evaluate your suitability as an event participant
- provide you with information regarding the event, including scheduling and logistics
Travel & Insurance
In all cases, participants are responsible for the cost of travel to the event location, as well as for local transportation, living expenses, and meals not included in the event program. Participants are also responsible for making any necessary arrangements for passports, visas, travel insurance and medical insurance.
Recording of MPI-CBG Events & Social Media
MPI-CBG may take photos and videos of participants at events. In registering for an MPI-CBG event, you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, promotional activities, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the MPI-CBG website or related social media pages. Should you not agree to be photographed or recorded, please inform the responsible contact indicated on the event page.
MPI-CBG welcomes and encourages the use of social media by participants. As a courtesy to presenters and other participants, we ask that you follow accepted social media etiquette.
- Tweet about the event
- Use the event-specific hashtag for any related tweets
- Obtain approval from a presenter before sharing his/her scientific results
- Avoid sharing unpublished information or data
- Be respectful in tone and content
Cancellation of Registration by Participant
If you are unable to attend the event as planned, please inform the organizer. Unfortunately reimbursement of participation fees is generally not possible. In exceptional circumstances, please contact the individual event organizer.
Cancellation due to Force Majeure
- circumstances beyond the reasonable control of MPI-CBG, including but not limited to acts of nature, fire, severe thunderstorm, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terror, threats, pandemics, local or international health crises, safety risks, or flooding shall constitute “force majeure”. If the force majeure affects an event, MPI-CBG will notify the participants of such event without undue delay. MPI-CBG may take reasonable steps to minimize the consequences of the force majeure on its events and it is entitled to reschedule or shorten (in all cases partially or wholly) an event and any performance related to such event.
- the event of a cancellation due to force majeure, MPI-CBG will reimburse participation fees. The reimbursement only applies to event fees and shall exclude any other costs associated with attendance such as any travel, accommodation etc.
Code of Conduct
- MPI-CBG is dedicated to providing a harassment-free learning experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation or disaffiliation, or manner of articulation. Harassment of participants in any form is not tolerated.
- Communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of different backgrounds.
- Please contact us at email@example.com you have questions or experience any violation of our code of conduct.
- shall be held free and harmless from any loss and damage, including personal injury and death and related legal costs, resulting from the acts or omissions of a participant at an MPI-CBG conference, course or event.
Except in case of gross negligence or willful misconduct on its part, MPI-CBG shall not be liable for any loss or damages, including but not limited to:
- damage to or loss of any property;
- loss of revenue or profits; or
- any other direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage.
Links to External Websites