This course is aimed at beginners willing to get started with Image Analysis or to improve their basic knowledge.
The following concepts will be introduced with many ImageJ/Fiji hands-on-sessions and exercises along the way:
- Day 1:
- Basic concepts: image characteristics, visualisation, regions of interest and measurements
- Segmentation 1: thresholding, mask/region analysis, spot detection and skeletonisation
- Day 2:
- Measurements in time sequences and tracking
- The macro Recorder.
- Segmentation 2: image filters such as erosion/dilation, distance maps and the watershed algorithm.
- Day 3:
- Visualize and explore 3D images
- Spot detection and segmentation in 3D datasets
- Big Data Viewer and Multiview Spim dataset
The course will be held from October 23rd to 25th from 9:00 to 17:00, in CSBD Seminar room 1.
If you are interested, follow the link to the registration form in the left menu.
In accordance with MPI-CBG recharge policy the course will cost 300 Euros for MPI-CBG staff (600 euros otherwise). Please verify that this is O.K. with your group or service leader.