This course is aimed at beginners willing to get started with Image Analysis or to improve their basic knowledge.
The following concepts will be introduced with many ImageJ/Fiji hands-on-sessions and exercises along the way:
- Basic concepts: image characteristics, visualisation, regions of interest and measurements
- Segmentation 1: thresholding, mask/region analysis, spot detection and skeletonisation
- Segmentation 2: image filters such as erosion/dilation, distance maps and the watershed algorithm
- Visualize and explore 3D images
- Spot detection and segmentation in 3D datasets
- Measurements in time sequences
- Tracking basics
The course will be held on November 30th, December 1st and 2nd from 9:00 to 14:00 each day, in Seminar room 4.
If you are interested, follow the link to the registration form in the left menu.
In accordance with the new MPI-CBG course recharge policy note that the course will cost 150 Euros for MPI-CBG staff (300 euros otherwise). Please verify that this is O.K. with your group or service leader.
There is an open survey.
Registration for this event is currently open.